Martie and I became acquainted on HubPages, a writers site, many years ago. I immediately felt a strong connection to this beautiful person. We have kept in contact through the years and she has consistently been a wonderful support to myself and the many writers she has touched along the way.
Martie is very passionate about many things and once you get to know her and her beautiful work, you will know you have found a treasure. Her passions fall into many areas, but a few stand in the forefront of my mind. Her love of family, music, writing, and her beloved South Africa make for some very interesting reads! If you do not know about one of these subjects before hand, you can bet... you will be well versed by the end of the article. Our curiosity as readers will be fed by her informative and well written articles. Another treat is watching her videos about her blessed homeland, South Africa.
Martie was born on 15 April 1957 in Bloemfontein, South Africa. She was the first of five children for Flip and Wilma Coetser – a couple she categorizes as ‘best parents’.
Martie was born with club feet that had been rectified successfully according to the Ponseti Method, which was at the time a new method introduced by Dr. Ignacio Ponseti. Today she believes that many of her personality traits are firmly rooted in the physical pain she had suffered during the first two years of her life.
To read more about this subject follow the link below! http://allafrica.com/stories/201506240889.html
Martie considers her first twelve years as the proverbial paradise she had the privilege to live in. She was an academic achiever, inter alia in creative writing. At the age of twelve she could play the piano and organ well enough to give luster to family gatherings. Performing on stage as an amateur actor, or reciting poems, was also her forte. Unfortunately, before she had turned thirteen, her destiny had been radically altered by what she named the 'devil himself'. Nevertheless, she survived and became the devoted wife of a stern, but conscientious, husband and the mother of a daughter and a son who are still making her proud.
- Being a mother of two and eventually the grandmother of four,
- The establishment and maintaining of several businesses:
- - A knitting business for 14 years, which she had to close after moving to a hot region where knitwear was hardly in demand;
- - A real estate business for 7 years, which she sold in order to become
- - the administrator of a music school and youth orchestra. This school grew from strength to strength for 20 years until it was ‘adopted’ by the North West Provinces's Department of Education in 2008. It is still a pocket of excellence, but since 2011 no longer Martie's 'baby'.
- - A bookkeeping business, which she ran on the sideline for 20 years, became her first priority in 2011, and is still keeping her busy daily between 8 to 1.
- Creative writing, which is her hobby since she can remember, delivered many precious rewards. A first prize in a writing contest in 1991, encouraged her to become a professional writer. Between 1994 and 2004 her short stories were published in popular magazines such as Sarie and Huisgenoot. After a break of six years, she ventured into cyberspace where she is today a successful and popular writer.
Language is the blood of the soul
Into which thoughts run and out of which they grow.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes
There are also roads that lead to their goal.
Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.
You will find a wealth of information and up lifting posts.
Thank you Martie for allowing me to share your work.
Until we meet again...